Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pre-Knight

Lately I have been thinking a lot about knight and what he would've been like before all of the nuclear and radioactive stuff. What kind of kid was he? What did he wear?

I started with what his knight costume would've looked like before the nuclear explosion ripped most of it away. I also redesigned his sword from it's futuristic look to something more classic. Since he's no longer a futuristic character in a futuristic world. Aaaaand I started to think of the motive for him being at a renaissance fair in the first place when everything happened. My favorite idea is a younger sibling who wanted him to accompany him/her/them and is now lost/missing/dead after the explosion. 


After that I went to what kind of kid would he be. I'm thinking of something like the-kid-who-often-avoids-crowds either out of shyness or the dislike of other people. But I didn't want to draw him in the lonely-kid-in-a-hoodie look. I feel that I draw hoodies a lot on characters or random doodles in general, so I'm going to explore my fashion options with him. 
So far I'm liking the punk/rocker look I drew towards the bottom but, I'm not sure if it fits him. So more exploration is needed there.


These are just some extra sketches for the fun of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment