Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Beginning of Something "Squidly"

Hellooo~!
Sorry about not posting anything for over a week. I had gone to a family reunion and then a family week vacation and hadn't really got much done. But I'm back now! And with less than a month before classes pick up again, I plan to get as much done as possible.
Starting with this.


I thought that it would be a fun to make a stuffed-something-pillow as decoration for my new dorm this year. That way I would be able to learn how to use my sewing machine ANNND have a super cool pillow that I can say that I hand made. I got the idea for a squid pillow when my dad and I went to ComFest and we saw $40 squid plushies that I thought were super cute. My dad said that I could make one myself for cheaper. So I googled patterns and found this blog where this woman made a 8 foot squid pillow as a gift.
I went with that and went to my grandma for assistance, since she knew how to sew and all that jazz. So she helped me go buy materials and get things started. So far we have all of the parts cut out. All we need to do now is sew it all together and add stuffing.





And for fun, here's a pic of their dog. 
A sweetie who likes to bark at things that aren't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment